The Noel Law Office, LLC
Edmond F. “Buddy” Noel, Jr. formed The Noel Law Office, LLC in the fall of 2002. Mr. Noel’s dedication to the practice of law includes utilizing over thirty years of experience with two large Denver corporate law firms, and he utilizes that vast experience in order to provide superior quality of services in a more flexible, lower cost setting.
Mr. Noel’s educational background and experience enables him to examine commercial issues from both a business and legal perspective.
Although he has continued to do work on the defense/management side of employment issues, he also works with senior executives who have been laid off or otherwise left their companies when they wish to resolve their situation without litigation or through private arbitration.
Consulting with Businesses and Individuals
Mr. Noel‘s consulting services to businesses and individuals include compliance issues, existing conflicts, and developing strategies to avoid future employment and other commercial problems and litigation.
Speeches and Seminars
Mr. Noel has conducted numerous seminar presentations in his law specialty of employment law and is available for private client group presentations.
General Business and Real Estate Law
• Preventative business law problem consultation
• Contract review and negotiation
• Business organization creation and advice
• Transactional business and real estate matters
• Employment and severance agreements
• Wrongful discharge
• Discrimination matters of all types
• Sexual harassment
• Restrictive covenants
• Affirmative action
• Handbook/policy review and creation
Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
• Commercial civil litigation
• Mediation and arbitration
• Settlement negotiations
• General contract law
• Fraud disputes
• Quiet title disputes
“Although the details of my employment representation must remain confidential, I wish more people, who get into a situation as myself, were able to get the legal support that I did to help them through their own situations. Buddy was extremely thorough, articulate and responsive to my situation. At the same time, he challenged and encouraged me through this process.”
“Buddy’s thoroughness, tactful advice, and responsiveness far exceeded my expectations. From helping me resolve disputes to working on multiple acquisitions, including the sale of my own company, Buddy was impeccable.”
—“E.” and “J.” Clients
Mr. Noel has served on boards for some of Colorado’s most significant community and educational institutions over the years, including Cleo Parker Robinson Dance, Colorado Forum, Colorado Outward Bound School, Denver Metro Sports Commission, Legal Aid Society of Metropolitan Denver, Inc., Rocky Mountain Minority Suppliers Development Council and Sportswomen of Colorado. Mr. Noel also served on the governing boards of Colorado State University, Fort Lewis College and the University of Southern Colorado, the Tuck School of Business Board of Overseers, Colorado Commission on Higher Education, and the Alumni Council at Dartmouth College. This breadth of board experience continues to serve as support for Mr. Noel’s business law practice.
In addition, for several of these activities he was intimately involved in the operation of the specific business: (1) as the CEO for the Colorado Sports Council (2) as the Board President for the State Board of Agriculture, the governing board for Colorado State University, Fort Lewis College and the University of Southern Colorado; and (3) as a member of various bank boards, including United Banks of Aurora and Monaco, Banc One Colorado Corporation and Bank One Denver.
In addition, his work for several important government and business commissions and organizations utilized his business knowledge: Governor’s Blue Ribbon Panel; Colorado Economic Development Commission; Colorado Regulatory Review Commission; Greater Denver Chamber of Commerce; Greater Denver Corporation; and the Colorado Forum.
After serving on any number of local and national boards, Mr. Noel recently decided to reduce his nonprofit involvements to two activities continuing the legacy of his mother: The Rachel B. Noel Distinguished Visiting Professorship at Metropolitan State University of Denver and the Noel Community Arts School in the Denver Public Schools.
The founder of the firm is Edmond F. “Buddy” Noel, Jr.
Mr. Noel received his AB in Economics from Dartmouth College, cum laude, in 1968, his MBA from the Amos Tuck Graduate School of Business Administration at Dartmouth College as a Tuck Scholar in 1969 and his JD from Harvard University in 1972. In 1977, he became a partner at Holme Roberts & Owen (now part of Bryan Cave), one of Colorado’s oldest and finest large corporate law firms. After practicing law for twenty years, Mr. Noel took a three-year leave from the practice of law to be the President and CEO of the Colorado Sports Council, a nonprofit community sports development corporation he helped found. This organization sponsored a number of national and international sports events and bid for the Winter Olympic Games and World Cup Soccer.
Returning to the practice of law in 1995, Mr. Noel became a partner at Sherman & Howard, another large Denver corporate law firm.
During his years of practice with these organizations, Mr. Noel tried a number of high-profile trials and appeals, making law in a number of areas of Colorado law. Each of these large law firm experiences involved Fortune 500 company clients and complex, high-level legal work.
Mr. Noel started his own solo law practice—The Noel Law Office LLC—in 2002, bringing to his smaller and more service-centered elite practice the knowledge and ability gained from his years at the apex of corporate practice in order to provide affordable, high-value legal services to small businesses and individuals.. Now located in the Inverness Office Park in the southeast Denver metropolitan area, Mr. Noel’s employment law, commercial civil litigation, general business and real estate law practice is ideally suited for the new businesses coming to this area.
When handling larger matters requiring additional resources—advanced technology, additional staffing and the ability to handle matters nationally, Mr. Noel works with Godfrey | Johnson, P.C., a firm that is honored to have him as “Of-Counsel” (a formal affiliation between lawyers and law firms), with whom he has been affiliated for many years. For more information regarding the substantial additional support Mr. Noel has at his disposal, click the badge beneath his photo.
Directions to Noel Law Office:
Office Court on Inverness
88 Inverness Circle East
Building A, Suite 203
Englewood, CO 80012
Cell Phone: 303-882-1408
From I-25: Proceed East on East Dry Creek Rd. (0.5 miles), then:
- Turn right onto Inverness Drive East (0.4 miles) Inverness Drive East is 0.1 miles past Inverness Blvd. (If you are on S Havana St and reach E Geddes Avenue, you’ve gone about 0.2 miles too far).
- Turn right onto Inverness Circle East just past Inverness Commons on your right (not the first time but the second time you see it) – there is a street sign – you will be heading south after your right turn.
- Proceed two blocks south (street changes from Inverness Circle East to Inverness North Place for the last block) to the roundabout at 88 Inverness Circle East.
- Proceed partially around the rotary and turn right (1st right) to enter the Office Court on Inverness office complex—there is a sign list of offices at the entrance. You will be proceeding to Building A. We are located on the upper level of Building A on the west side of that building.
- If you took the first Inverness Circle East opportunity to turn right heading south, you will come to the offices for Dish. At that intersection, turn left and head east on Inverness Circle East to the bottom of the hill. At that intersection of Inverness Circle East and Inverness North Place, turn right and go up to the rotary at 88 Inverness Circle East and proceed partially around the rotary and turn right (1st right) to enter the Office Court on Inverness office complex).
- As you enter the office park, you should make a right turn (2nd right) after the list of tenants sign and then heading north, make the next right turn (3rd right) at the larger parking lot straight ahead – then east through the parking lot to Building A, Suite 203. Noel Law Office sign is on the door.
Please let us know how we can help you!
NOTE: Using this form to submit information to us does not create an attorney-client relationship, but merely allows us to contact you to discuss becoming your legal counsel. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form. The Noel Law Office does not wish to represent anyone in a jurisdiction in which this website may not comply with applicable laws and ethical rules.